Internship offer 2020-2021 for master project : “Labelling of active astrocytes with genetically encoded Calcium integrators – an in vitro proof-of-concept study.”
INTERNSHIP OFFER, Oheim lab, academic year 2020-21 MASTER PROJECT: Labelling of active astrocytes with genetically encoded Calcium integrators – an in vitro proof-of-concept study. About half of the cells in the human brain are not neurons. Our aim is to ...
Artist illustration of chromatic speckle expansion after a scattering sample. (© Clément Molinier) Imaging deep in scattering tissues has been typically achieved by exciting non-linear optical processes thanks to broadband ultrashort laser pulses. Scatte ...
Together with other laboratories of the Saints Pères Biomedical Sciences Site (Campus Saint Germain) the SPPIN has collected consumables and lab material in support of the Necker, Cochin Hospitals on the left bank and Bichat, Lariboisière, Baujon Hospita ...
The CNRS and the University of Toronto selected a joint PhD-and research grant involving SPPIN’s team 1 (Oheim) and the laboratory of Molecular Biophysics at the Department of Biochemistry (Yip) at U Toronto. In the framework of this 3-year research coll ...
Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
The SPPIN laboratory deeply regrets to announce the death of JacSue Kehoe on 25 june 2019, at the age of eighty-three. JacSue spent decades working with the neurons of Aplysia californica, studying the post-synaptic nerve response. Among many other things, ...
Researchers around Adi SALOMON (team1) have succeeded in preparing controlled, thin layers of aligned J-aggregates (blue box) over macroscopic surface areas ‘bottom). These reference fluorescent samples, prepared on thin microscope coverslips are an impo ...
On Nov 26/11 Merouann successfully defended his PhD work entitled “In vitro and in vivo study of the role of cerebellar interneurons in a motor learning task” in front of the jury. Advisor of his work was Isabel Llano (team 2). The SPPIN concratulate ...
Bruno Gasnier has been invited to join the Neuronal Signalling Mechanisms Section of the F1000 Faculty as a contributing member. F1000Prime publishes recommendations of peer-reviewed research articles or reviews in biology and medicine. ...
Postdoctoral fellowships in cerebellar neurophysiology Université de Paris, SPPIN, CNRS, Paris, France. We are seeking multiple post-doctoral fellows for fully-funded positions at the SPPIN in central Paris (SPPIN – Saints-Pères Paris Institute fo ...
- 29/06 – Laetitia CHAUVIÈRE
- 15/06 – Chiara STRINGARI : Label-free metabolic imaging of living tissues by Fluorescence Lifetime Microscopy of endogenous biomarkers
- 01/06 – Marco DIANA
- 18/05 – Maxime ASSOUS : Integration of extrinsic inputs by selective striatal microcircuits
- 04/05 – Bilal EL WALY : Practice makes myelin, and myelin makes perfect
Fresh from the press
- Time course of alterations in adult spinal motoneuron properties in the SOD1(G93A) mouse model of ALS.
Huh S, Heckman CJ, Manuel M : ENeuro, 2021
- Three-dimensional broadband light beam manipulation in forward scattering samples
Payvand Arjmand, Ori Katz, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Opt Express, 2021
- Is there hope that transpinal direct current stimulation corrects motoneuron excitability and provides neuroprotection in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Bączyk M, Krutki P, Zytnicki D : Physiol Rep, 2021
- Sub-optimal Discontinuous Current-Clamp switching rates lead to deceptive mouse neuronal firing.
Manuel M : ENeuro, 2021
- Enhancing KCC2 activity decreases hyperreflexia and spasticity after chronic spinal cord injury.
Bilchak J, Yeakle K, Caron G, Malloy D, Côté MP : Exp Neurol, 2021
- A Citrus Based Sensory Functional Food Ingredient Induces Antidepressant-like Effects: Possible Involvement of an Interplay between the Olfactory and the Serotonergic Systems.
Coutens B, Rekik K, Harster A, Etienne P, Noirot V, Frances B, Moulédous L, Guiard BP : Neuroscience, 2020
- Color imaging through scattering media based on phase retrieval with triple correlation
Zhu L, Wu Y, Liu J, Wu T, Liu L, Shao X : Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 2020
- Non-invasive single-shot recovery of a point-spread function of a memory effect based scattering imaging system.
Wu T, Dong J, Gigan S : Opt Lett, 2020
- Direct evidence for decreased presynaptic inhibition evoked by PBSt group I muscle afferents after chronic SCI and recovery with step-training in rats.
Caron G, Bilchak JN, Côté MP : J Physiol, 2020
- Transporters in acidic organelles.
Moriyama Y, Gasnier B : Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr, 2020
- Pulse-length effects in 2P-micoscopy. I. Infrared excitation induces brain heating and calcium microdomain hyperactivity in cortical astrocytes.
Schmidt E, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2020
- YIF1B mutations cause a post-natal neurodevelopmental syndrome associated with Golgi and primary cilium alterations.
Diaz J, Gérard X, Emerit MB, Areias J, Geny D, Dégardin J, Simonutti M, Guerquin MJ, Collin T, Viollet C, Billard JM, Métin C, Hubert L, Larti F, Kahrizi K, Jobling R, Agolini E, Shaheen R, Zigler A, Rouiller-Fabre V, Rozet JM, Picaud S, Novelli A, Alameer S, Najmabadi H, Cohn R, Munnich A, Barth M, Lugli L, Alkuraya FS, Blaser S, Gashlan M, Besmond C, Darmon M, Masson J : Brain, 2020
- Cathodoluminescence Nanoscopy of 3D Plasmonic Networks
Racheli Ron, Marcin Stefan Zielinski, Adi Salomon : Nano Lett, 2020
- Amino Acids Bearing Aromatic or Heteroaromatic Substituents as a New Class of Ligands for the Lysosomal Sialic Acid Transporter Sialin.
Dubois L, Pietrancosta N, Cabaye A, Fanget I, Debacker C, Gilormini PA, Dansette PM, Dairou J, Biot C, Froissart R, Goupil-Lamy A, Bertrand HO, Acher FC, McCort-Tranchepain I, Gasnier B, Anne C : J Med Chem, 2020
- Molecular layer interneurons in the cerebellum encode for valence in associative learning.
Ma M, Futia GL, de Souza FMS, Ozbay BN, Llano I, Gibson EA, Restrepo D : Nat Commun, 2020
- Physiological involvement of presynaptic L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in GABA release of cerebellar molecular layer interneurons.
Rey S, Maton G, Satake S, Llano I, Kang S, Surmeier DJ, Silverman RB, Collin T : J Neurochem, 2020
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020