Last academic year’s SPPIN-Paris Descartes’ invited Professor Adi Salomon (link to: www.lab-salomon.com) was awarded a Chateaubriand Senior Fellowship by the French Embassy in Israel. Salomon and some of her collaborators will come to work on the OASIS ...
Call for contributions to Special Issue of Microscopy Research and Technique (Wiley) on Photobleaching and Photodamage
Medically efficient treatments often go along with unwanted side effects. In much the same manner, microscopic imaging at high spatio-temporal resolution pushes the limits by destroying fluorescent labels, affecting the biological process under study or ev ...
We congratulate Mona Kappes, a med student from Erlangen-Nürnberg University who took the 2017 Olang Summer school on how new genetic and imaging techniques allow to address the complexity of the brain (Oheim/Kirchoff), to the ERASMUS+ fellowship she won ...
After the successful OASIS project (www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/11/03/461335 , www.till-id.com/en/idea_projects_OASIS.php) a second EUROSTARS grant has been awarded to the SPPIN. A team of researchers around Martin Oheim, head of the Biophysics of N ...
Brandon Stell and Céline Auger, from the team Cerebellar Neurophysiology, along with Marin Manuel, from the team Motor Neurons & NeuroMuscular Junctions, both part of the SPPIN, have been awarded an ANR grant for their project on “Integration of spi ...
On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, Seana O’REGAN and Alain MARTY were awarded the CNRS Medal of Honor for their participation in the organization’s outreach and research activity and the quality of their services to science. ...
Comparison of regular 3D point scanning microscopy (a) with super-resolution compressed sensing microscopy with speckle patterns (b). Super-resolution was achieved here by saturating fluorescence excitation. (From M. Pascucci et al., Nat. Comm. 2019). Cong ...
Bar-Ilan University (Ramat Gan, Israël) and Paris Descartes University sign a framework agreement for international cooperation in the biomedical and exact sciences. This agreement aims at developing the exchange of students (notably of ...
- SPPIN seminar 02/02 : Light-sheet imaging of mammalian neuroglia activity
- SPPIN seminar 26/01 : Probing synapses ex-vivo through synaptosome sorting
- SPPIN seminar 15/12 : Multiphoton imaging endoscopy
Fresh from the press
- Transporters in acidic organelles.
Moriyama Y, Gasnier B : Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr, 2020
- Pulse-length effects in 2P-micoscopy. I. Infrared excitation induces brain heating and calcium microdomain hyperactivity in cortical astrocytes.
Schmidt E, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2020
- YIF1B mutations cause a post-natal neurodevelopmental syndrome associated with Golgi and primary cilium alterations.
Diaz J, Gérard X, Emerit MB, Areias J, Geny D, Dégardin J, Simonutti M, Guerquin MJ, Collin T, Viollet C, Billard JM, Métin C, Hubert L, Larti F, Kahrizi K, Jobling R, Agolini E, Shaheen R, Zigler A, Rouiller-Fabre V, Rozet JM, Picaud S, Novelli A, Alameer S, Najmabadi H, Cohn R, Munnich A, Barth M, Lugli L, Alkuraya FS, Blaser S, Gashlan M, Besmond C, Darmon M, Masson J : Brain, 2020
- Cathodoluminescence Nanoscopy of 3D Plasmonic Networks
Racheli Ron, Marcin Stefan Zielinski, Adi Salomon : Nano Lett, 2020
- Amino Acids Bearing Aromatic or Heteroaromatic Substituents as a New Class of Ligands for the Lysosomal Sialic Acid Transporter Sialin.
Dubois L, Pietrancosta N, Cabaye A, Fanget I, Debacker C, Gilormini PA, Dansette PM, Dairou J, Biot C, Froissart R, Goupil-Lamy A, Bertrand HO, Acher FC, McCort-Tranchepain I, Gasnier B, Anne C : J Med Chem, 2020
- Molecular layer interneurons in the cerebellum encode for valence in associative learning.
Ma M, Futia GL, de Souza FMS, Ozbay BN, Llano I, Gibson EA, Restrepo D : Nat Commun, 2020
- Physiological involvement of presynaptic L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in GABA release of cerebellar molecular layer interneurons.
Rey S, Maton G, Satake S, Llano I, Kang S, Surmeier DJ, Silverman RB, Collin T : J Neurochem, 2020
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020