MITACS GLOBALLINK fellowship for work on polarisation effects in confocal evanescent (TIR-SAF) super-resolution microscopies applied to cell adhesion
We congratulate Kaitlin Szederkenyi, a master student in Applied Science and Biomedical Engineering from the University of Toronto to her MITACS fellowship. Kaitlin will join team 1 of the SPPIN for a 4-month internship. She will be working with Martin Oh ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
Last academic year’s SPPIN-Paris Descartes’ invited Professor Adi Salomon (link to: www.lab-salomon.com) was awarded a Chateaubriand Senior Fellowship by the French Embassy in Israel. Salomon and some of her collaborators will come to work on the OASIS ...
Call for contributions to Special Issue of Microscopy Research and Technique (Wiley) on Photobleaching and Photodamage
Medically efficient treatments often go along with unwanted side effects. In much the same manner, microscopic imaging at high spatio-temporal resolution pushes the limits by destroying fluorescent labels, affecting the biological process under study or ev ...
We congratulate Mona Kappes, a med student from Erlangen-Nürnberg University who took the 2017 Olang Summer school on how new genetic and imaging techniques allow to address the complexity of the brain (Oheim/Kirchoff), to the ERASMUS+ fellowship she won ...
After the successful OASIS project (www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/11/03/461335 , www.till-id.com/en/idea_projects_OASIS.php) a second EUROSTARS grant has been awarded to the SPPIN. A team of researchers around Martin Oheim, head of the Biophysics of N ...
Brandon Stell and Céline Auger, from the team Cerebellar Neurophysiology, along with Marin Manuel, from the team Motor Neurons & NeuroMuscular Junctions, both part of the SPPIN, have been awarded an ANR grant for their project on “Integration of spi ...
On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, Seana O’REGAN and Alain MARTY were awarded the CNRS Medal of Honor for their participation in the organization’s outreach and research activity and the quality of their services to science. ...
Comparison of regular 3D point scanning microscopy (a) with super-resolution compressed sensing microscopy with speckle patterns (b). Super-resolution was achieved here by saturating fluorescence excitation. (From M. Pascucci et al., Nat. Comm. 2019). Cong ...
Fresh from the press
- Optometry for a short-sighted microscope.
Julien C, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2021
- Arginine-selective modulation of the lysosomal transporter PQLC2 through a gate-tuning mechanism.
Leray X, Conti R, Li Y, Debacker C, Castelli F, Fenaille F, Zdebik AA, Pusch M, Gasnier B : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2021
- A role for BDNF- and NMDAR-induced lysosomal recruitment of mTORC1 in the regulation of neuronal mTORC1 activity.
Khamsing D, Lebrun S, Fanget I, Larochette N, Tourain C, de Sars V, Brunstein M, Oheim M, Carrel D, Darchen F, Desnos C : Mol Brain, 2021
- Comments on the article by Jensen et al. (2020).
Manuel M, Zytnicki D : J Physiol, 2021
- Plug-and-socket mechanisms in nutrient sensing by lysosomal amino acid transporters.
Gasnier B : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2021
- Free sialic acid storage disorder: Progress and promise.
Huizing M, Hackbarth ME, Adams DR, Wasserstein M, Patterson MC, Walkley SU, Gahl WA, FSASD Consortium : Neurosci Lett, 2021
- Reference-less complex wavefields characterization with a high-resolution wavefront sensor
Wu T, Berto P, Guillon M : Applied Physics Letters, 2021
- Synaptic disruption and CREB-regulated transcription are restored by K channel blockers in ALS.
Catanese A, Rajkumar S, Sommer D, Freisem D, Wirth A, Aly A, Massa-López D, Olivieri A, Torelli F, Ioannidis V, Lipecka J, Guerrera IC, Zytnicki D, Ludolph A, Kabashi E, Mulaw MA, Roselli F, Böckers TM : EMBO Mol Med, 2021
- A simple, inexpensive and multi-scale 3-D fluorescent test sample for optical sectioning microscopies.
Olevsko I, Szederkenyi K, Corridon J, Au A, Delhomme B, Bastien T, Fernandes J, Yip C, Oheim M, Salomon A : Microsc Res Tech, 2021
- Astrocytes respond to a neurotoxic Aβ fragment with state-dependent Ca alteration and multiphasic transmitter release.
Pham C, Hérault K, Oheim M, Maldera S, Vialou V, Cauli B, Li D : Acta Neuropathol Commun, 2021
- Three-dimensional broadband light beam manipulation in forward scattering samples
Payvand Arjmand, Ori Katz, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Opt Express, 2021
- Is there hope that transpinal direct current stimulation corrects motoneuron excitability and provides neuroprotection in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Bączyk M, Krutki P, Zytnicki D : Physiol Rep, 2021
- Enhancing KCC2 activity decreases hyperreflexia and spasticity after chronic spinal cord injury.
Bilchak J, Yeakle K, Caron G, Malloy D, Côté MP : Exp Neurol, 2021
- A Citrus Based Sensory Functional Food Ingredient Induces Antidepressant-like Effects: Possible Involvement of an Interplay between the Olfactory and the Serotonergic Systems.
Coutens B, Rekik K, Harster A, Etienne P, Noirot V, Frances B, Moulédous L, Guiard BP : Neuroscience, 2020
- Color imaging through scattering media based on phase retrieval with triple correlation
Zhu L, Wu Y, Liu J, Wu T, Liu L, Shao X : Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 2020
- Non-invasive single-shot recovery of a point-spread function of a memory effect based scattering imaging system.
Wu T, Dong J, Gigan S : Opt Lett, 2020
- Direct evidence for decreased presynaptic inhibition evoked by PBSt group I muscle afferents after chronic SCI and recovery with step-training in rats.
Caron G, Bilchak JN, Côté MP : J Physiol, 2020
- Transporters in acidic organelles.
Moriyama Y, Gasnier B : Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr, 2020
- Pulse-length effects in 2P-micoscopy. I. Infrared excitation induces brain heating and calcium microdomain hyperactivity in cortical astrocytes.
Schmidt E, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2020
- YIF1B mutations cause a post-natal neurodevelopmental syndrome associated with Golgi and primary cilium alterations.
Diaz J, Gérard X, Emerit MB, Areias J, Geny D, Dégardin J, Simonutti M, Guerquin MJ, Collin T, Viollet C, Billard JM, Métin C, Hubert L, Larti F, Kahrizi K, Jobling R, Agolini E, Shaheen R, Zigler A, Rouiller-Fabre V, Rozet JM, Picaud S, Novelli A, Alameer S, Najmabadi H, Cohn R, Munnich A, Barth M, Lugli L, Alkuraya FS, Blaser S, Gashlan M, Besmond C, Darmon M, Masson J : Brain, 2020
- Cathodoluminescence Nanoscopy of 3D Plasmonic Networks
Racheli Ron, Marcin Stefan Zielinski, Adi Salomon : Nano Lett, 2020
- Amino Acids Bearing Aromatic or Heteroaromatic Substituents as a New Class of Ligands for the Lysosomal Sialic Acid Transporter Sialin.
Dubois L, Pietrancosta N, Cabaye A, Fanget I, Debacker C, Gilormini PA, Dansette PM, Dairou J, Biot C, Froissart R, Goupil-Lamy A, Bertrand HO, Acher FC, McCort-Tranchepain I, Gasnier B, Anne C : J Med Chem, 2020
- Molecular layer interneurons in the cerebellum encode for valence in associative learning.
Ma M, Futia GL, de Souza FMS, Ozbay BN, Llano I, Gibson EA, Restrepo D : Nat Commun, 2020
- Physiological involvement of presynaptic L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in GABA release of cerebellar molecular layer interneurons.
Rey S, Maton G, Satake S, Llano I, Kang S, Surmeier DJ, Silverman RB, Collin T : J Neurochem, 2020
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020