Bruno Gasnier has been invited to join the Neuronal Signalling Mechanisms Section of the F1000 Faculty as a contributing member. F1000Prime publishes recommendations of peer-reviewed research articles or reviews in biology and medicine. ...
Postdoctoral fellowships in cerebellar neurophysiology Université de Paris, SPPIN, CNRS, Paris, France. We are seeking multiple post-doctoral fellows for fully-funded positions at the SPPIN in central Paris (SPPIN – Saints-Pères Paris Institute fo ...
MITACS GLOBALLINK fellowship for work on polarisation effects in confocal evanescent (TIR-SAF) super-resolution microscopies applied to cell adhesion
We congratulate Kaitlin Szederkenyi, a master student in Applied Science and Biomedical Engineering from the University of Toronto to her MITACS fellowship. Kaitlin will join team 1 of the SPPIN for a 4-month internship. She will be working with Martin Oh ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
Last academic year’s SPPIN-Paris Descartes’ invited Professor Adi Salomon (link to: www.lab-salomon.com) was awarded a Chateaubriand Senior Fellowship by the French Embassy in Israel. Salomon and some of her collaborators will come to work on the OASIS ...
Call for contributions to Special Issue of Microscopy Research and Technique (Wiley) on Photobleaching and Photodamage
Medically efficient treatments often go along with unwanted side effects. In much the same manner, microscopic imaging at high spatio-temporal resolution pushes the limits by destroying fluorescent labels, affecting the biological process under study or ev ...
We congratulate Mona Kappes, a med student from Erlangen-Nürnberg University who took the 2017 Olang Summer school on how new genetic and imaging techniques allow to address the complexity of the brain (Oheim/Kirchoff), to the ERASMUS+ fellowship she won ...
After the successful OASIS project (www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/11/03/461335 , www.till-id.com/en/idea_projects_OASIS.php) a second EUROSTARS grant has been awarded to the SPPIN. A team of researchers around Martin Oheim, head of the Biophysics of N ...
Brandon Stell and Céline Auger, from the team Cerebellar Neurophysiology, along with Marin Manuel, from the team Motor Neurons & NeuroMuscular Junctions, both part of the SPPIN, have been awarded an ANR grant for their project on “Integration of spi ...
Fresh from the press
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020
- Reconfigurable Temperature Control at the Microscale by Light Shaping
Chang Liu, Gilles Tessier, Sergio Iván Flores Esparza, Marc Guillon, Pascal Berto : ACS Photonics, 2019
- Fast 3-D Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope.
Rakotoson I, Delhomme B, Djian P, Deeg A, Brunstein M, Seebacher C, Uhl R, Ricard C, Oheim M : Front Neuroanat, 2019
- Ultrafast Two-Photon Imaging of a High-Gain Voltage Indicator in Awake Behaving Mice.
Villette V, Chavarha M, Dimov IK, Bradley J, Pradhan L, Mathieu B, Evans SW, Chamberland S, Shi D, Yang R, Kim BB, Ayon A, Jalil A, St-Pierre F, Schnitzer MJ, Bi G, Toth K, Ding J, Dieudonné S, Lin MZ : Cell, 2019
- Focusing large spectral bandwidths through scattering media
A G Vesga, M Hofer, NK Balla, HB De Aguiar, M Guillon, S Brasselet : Opt Express, 2019
- ATP6AP2 variant impairs CNS development and neuronal survival to cause fulminant neurodegeneration.
Hirose T, Cabrera-Socorro A, Chitayat D, Lemonnier T, Féraud O, Cifuentes-Diaz C, Gervasi N, Mombereau C, Ghosh T, Stoica L, Bacha JDA, Yamada H, Lauterbach MA, Guillon M, Kaneko K, Norris JW, Siriwardena K, Blasér S, Teillon J, Mendoza-Londono R, Russeau M, Hadoux J, Ito S, Corvol P, Matheus MG, Holden KR, Takei K, Emiliani V, Bennaceur-Griscelli A, Schwartz CE, Nguyen G, Groszer M : J Clin Invest, 2019
- Topological transformation of speckles by symmetry control and spiral wavefront modulation
Jerome Gateau, Ferdinand Claude, Gilles Tessier, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2019
- A Structural Model of the Inactivation Gate of Voltage Activated Potassium Channels.
Vergara-Jaque A, Palma-Cerda F, Lowet AS, de la Cruz Landrau A, Poblete H, Sukharev A, Comer J, Holmgren M : Biophys J, 2019
- Compressive three-dimensional super-resolution microscopy with speckle-saturated fluorescence excitation
M Pascucci, S Ganesan, A Tripathi, O Katz, V Emiliani, M Guillon : Nat Commun, 2019
- Involvement of thapsigargin- and cyclopiazonic acid-sensitive pumps in the rescue of TMEM165-associated glycosylation defects by Mn.
Houdou M, Lebredonchel E, Garat A, Duvet S, Legrand D, Decool V, Klein A, Ouzzine M, Gasnier B, Potelle S, Foulquier F : FASEB J, 2019
- Calibrating evanescent-wave penetration depths for biological TIRF microscopy
Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Adam Weissman, Maia Brunstein, Ute Becherer : Biophys J, 2019
- Molecular and electrophysiological properties of mouse motoneuron and motor unit subtypes
Manuel M, Zytnicki D : Current Opinion in Physiology, 2019
- Scaling of Motor Output, From Mouse to Humans.
Manuel M, Chardon M, Tysseling V, Heckman CJ : Physiology (Bethesda), 2019