The CNRS and the University of Toronto selected a joint PhD-and research grant involving SPPIN’s team 1 (Oheim) and the laboratory of Molecular Biophysics at the Department of Biochemistry (Yip) at U Toronto. In the framework of this 3-year research coll ...
Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
The SPPIN laboratory deeply regrets to announce the death of JacSue Kehoe on 25 june 2019, at the age of eighty-three. JacSue spent decades working with the neurons of Aplysia californica, studying the post-synaptic nerve response. Among many other things, ...
Researchers around Adi SALOMON (team1) have succeeded in preparing controlled, thin layers of aligned J-aggregates (blue box) over macroscopic surface areas ‘bottom). These reference fluorescent samples, prepared on thin microscope coverslips are an impo ...
On Nov 26/11 Merouann successfully defended his PhD work entitled “In vitro and in vivo study of the role of cerebellar interneurons in a motor learning task” in front of the jury. Advisor of his work was Isabel Llano (team 2). The SPPIN concratulate ...
Bruno Gasnier has been invited to join the Neuronal Signalling Mechanisms Section of the F1000 Faculty as a contributing member. F1000Prime publishes recommendations of peer-reviewed research articles or reviews in biology and medicine. ...
Postdoctoral fellowships in cerebellar neurophysiology Université de Paris, SPPIN, CNRS, Paris, France. We are seeking multiple post-doctoral fellows for fully-funded positions at the SPPIN in central Paris (SPPIN – Saints-Pères Paris Institute fo ...
MITACS GLOBALLINK fellowship for work on polarisation effects in confocal evanescent (TIR-SAF) super-resolution microscopies applied to cell adhesion
We congratulate Kaitlin Szederkenyi, a master student in Applied Science and Biomedical Engineering from the University of Toronto to her MITACS fellowship. Kaitlin will join team 1 of the SPPIN for a 4-month internship. She will be working with Martin Oh ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
- SPPIN seminar 02/02 : Light-sheet imaging of mammalian neuroglia activity
- SPPIN seminar 26/01 : Probing synapses ex-vivo through synaptosome sorting
- SPPIN seminar 15/12 : Multiphoton imaging endoscopy
Fresh from the press
- Transporters in acidic organelles.
Moriyama Y, Gasnier B : Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr, 2020
- Pulse-length effects in 2P-micoscopy. I. Infrared excitation induces brain heating and calcium microdomain hyperactivity in cortical astrocytes.
Schmidt E, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2020
- YIF1B mutations cause a post-natal neurodevelopmental syndrome associated with Golgi and primary cilium alterations.
Diaz J, Gérard X, Emerit MB, Areias J, Geny D, Dégardin J, Simonutti M, Guerquin MJ, Collin T, Viollet C, Billard JM, Métin C, Hubert L, Larti F, Kahrizi K, Jobling R, Agolini E, Shaheen R, Zigler A, Rouiller-Fabre V, Rozet JM, Picaud S, Novelli A, Alameer S, Najmabadi H, Cohn R, Munnich A, Barth M, Lugli L, Alkuraya FS, Blaser S, Gashlan M, Besmond C, Darmon M, Masson J : Brain, 2020
- Cathodoluminescence Nanoscopy of 3D Plasmonic Networks
Racheli Ron, Marcin Stefan Zielinski, Adi Salomon : Nano Lett, 2020
- Amino Acids Bearing Aromatic or Heteroaromatic Substituents as a New Class of Ligands for the Lysosomal Sialic Acid Transporter Sialin.
Dubois L, Pietrancosta N, Cabaye A, Fanget I, Debacker C, Gilormini PA, Dansette PM, Dairou J, Biot C, Froissart R, Goupil-Lamy A, Bertrand HO, Acher FC, McCort-Tranchepain I, Gasnier B, Anne C : J Med Chem, 2020
- Molecular layer interneurons in the cerebellum encode for valence in associative learning.
Ma M, Futia GL, de Souza FMS, Ozbay BN, Llano I, Gibson EA, Restrepo D : Nat Commun, 2020
- Physiological involvement of presynaptic L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in GABA release of cerebellar molecular layer interneurons.
Rey S, Maton G, Satake S, Llano I, Kang S, Surmeier DJ, Silverman RB, Collin T : J Neurochem, 2020
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020