Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
The SPPIN laboratory deeply regrets to announce the death of JacSue Kehoe on 25 june 2019, at the age of eighty-three. JacSue spent decades working with the neurons of Aplysia californica, studying the post-synaptic nerve response. Among many other things, ...
Researchers around Adi SALOMON (team1) have succeeded in preparing controlled, thin layers of aligned J-aggregates (blue box) over macroscopic surface areas ‘bottom). These reference fluorescent samples, prepared on thin microscope coverslips are an impo ...
On Nov 26/11 Merouann successfully defended his PhD work entitled “In vitro and in vivo study of the role of cerebellar interneurons in a motor learning task” in front of the jury. Advisor of his work was Isabel Llano (team 2). The SPPIN concratulate ...
Bruno Gasnier has been invited to join the Neuronal Signalling Mechanisms Section of the F1000 Faculty as a contributing member. F1000Prime publishes recommendations of peer-reviewed research articles or reviews in biology and medicine. ...
Postdoctoral fellowships in cerebellar neurophysiology Université de Paris, SPPIN, CNRS, Paris, France. We are seeking multiple post-doctoral fellows for fully-funded positions at the SPPIN in central Paris (SPPIN – Saints-Pères Paris Institute fo ...
MITACS GLOBALLINK fellowship for work on polarisation effects in confocal evanescent (TIR-SAF) super-resolution microscopies applied to cell adhesion
We congratulate Kaitlin Szederkenyi, a master student in Applied Science and Biomedical Engineering from the University of Toronto to her MITACS fellowship. Kaitlin will join team 1 of the SPPIN for a 4-month internship. She will be working with Martin Oh ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
Last academic year’s SPPIN-Paris Descartes’ invited Professor Adi Salomon (link to: www.lab-salomon.com) was awarded a Chateaubriand Senior Fellowship by the French Embassy in Israel. Salomon and some of her collaborators will come to work on the OASIS ...
Fresh from the press
- A Novel Gain-of-function Mutation in SCN5A Responsible for Multifocal Ectopic Purkinje-related Premature Contractions.
Doisne N, Waldmann V, Redheuil A, Waintraub X, Fressart V, Ader F, Fossé L, Hidden-Lucet F, Gandjbakhch E, Neyroud N : Hum Mutat, 2020
- Distinct Calcium/CAlmodulin-dependent Serine protein Kinase domains control cardiac sodium channel membrane expression and focal adhesion anchoring.
Beuriot A, Eichel CA, Dilanian G, Louault F, Melgari D, Doisne N, Coulombe A, Hatem SN, Balse E : Heart Rhythm, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020
- Reconfigurable Temperature Control at the Microscale by Light Shaping
Chang Liu, Gilles Tessier, Sergio Iván Flores Esparza, Marc Guillon, Pascal Berto : ACS Photonics, 2019
- Fast 3-D Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope.
Rakotoson I, Delhomme B, Djian P, Deeg A, Brunstein M, Seebacher C, Uhl R, Ricard C, Oheim M : Front Neuroanat, 2019
- Ultrafast Two-Photon Imaging of a High-Gain Voltage Indicator in Awake Behaving Mice.
Villette V, Chavarha M, Dimov IK, Bradley J, Pradhan L, Mathieu B, Evans SW, Chamberland S, Shi D, Yang R, Kim BB, Ayon A, Jalil A, St-Pierre F, Schnitzer MJ, Bi G, Toth K, Ding J, Dieudonné S, Lin MZ : Cell, 2019
- Focusing large spectral bandwidths through scattering media
A G Vesga, M Hofer, NK Balla, HB De Aguiar, M Guillon, S Brasselet : Opt Express, 2019
- ATP6AP2 variant impairs CNS development and neuronal survival to cause fulminant neurodegeneration.
Hirose T, Cabrera-Socorro A, Chitayat D, Lemonnier T, Féraud O, Cifuentes-Diaz C, Gervasi N, Mombereau C, Ghosh T, Stoica L, Bacha JDA, Yamada H, Lauterbach MA, Guillon M, Kaneko K, Norris JW, Siriwardena K, Blasér S, Teillon J, Mendoza-Londono R, Russeau M, Hadoux J, Ito S, Corvol P, Matheus MG, Holden KR, Takei K, Emiliani V, Bennaceur-Griscelli A, Schwartz CE, Nguyen G, Groszer M : J Clin Invest, 2019
- Topological transformation of speckles by symmetry control and spiral wavefront modulation
Jerome Gateau, Ferdinand Claude, Gilles Tessier, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2019
- A Structural Model of the Inactivation Gate of Voltage Activated Potassium Channels.
Vergara-Jaque A, Palma-Cerda F, Lowet AS, de la Cruz Landrau A, Poblete H, Sukharev A, Comer J, Holmgren M : Biophys J, 2019
- Compressive three-dimensional super-resolution microscopy with speckle-saturated fluorescence excitation
M Pascucci, S Ganesan, A Tripathi, O Katz, V Emiliani, M Guillon : Nat Commun, 2019
- Involvement of thapsigargin- and cyclopiazonic acid-sensitive pumps in the rescue of TMEM165-associated glycosylation defects by Mn.
Houdou M, Lebredonchel E, Garat A, Duvet S, Legrand D, Decool V, Klein A, Ouzzine M, Gasnier B, Potelle S, Foulquier F : FASEB J, 2019
- Calibrating evanescent-wave penetration depths for biological TIRF microscopy
Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Adam Weissman, Maia Brunstein, Ute Becherer : Biophys J, 2019
- Molecular and electrophysiological properties of mouse motoneuron and motor unit subtypes
Manuel M, Zytnicki D : Current Opinion in Physiology, 2019
- Scaling of Motor Output, From Mouse to Humans.
Manuel M, Chardon M, Tysseling V, Heckman CJ : Physiology (Bethesda), 2019