INTERNSHIP OFFER, Karnani lab, academic year 2020-21 MASTER PROJECT: Routing of top-down drive control connections The lateral hypothalamic area (LHA) is a vital regulator of innate behavioral drives, homeostasis and brain arousal states . LHA neurons p ...
Internship offer 2020-2021 for master project : “Immunolabelling of cleared thick three-dimensional brain sections”
INTERNSHIP OFFER, Oheim lab, academic year 2020-21 MASTER PROJECT: Immunolabelling of cleared thick three-dimensional brain sections Fluorescent-protein expression in genetically identified cell populations, along with advances in tissue clearing [Con15, R ...
Internship offer 2020-2021 for master project : “Labelling of active astrocytes with genetically encoded Calcium integrators – an in vitro proof-of-concept study.”
INTERNSHIP OFFER, Oheim lab, academic year 2020-21 MASTER PROJECT: Labelling of active astrocytes with genetically encoded Calcium integrators – an in vitro proof-of-concept study. About half of the cells in the human brain are not neurons. Our aim is to ...
Internship offer 2020-2021 for master project : “Are astroglial Ca 2+ microdomains of mitochondrial origin?”
INTERNSHIP OFFER, Oheim lab, academic year 2020-21 MASTER PROJECT: Are astroglial Ca 2+ microdomains of mitochondrial origin? About half of the cells in the human brain are not neurons. Our aim is to understand their contribution and particularly that of c ...
Artist illustration of chromatic speckle expansion after a scattering sample. (© Clément Molinier) Imaging deep in scattering tissues has been typically achieved by exciting non-linear optical processes thanks to broadband ultrashort laser pulses. Scatte ...
Together with other laboratories of the Saints Pères Biomedical Sciences Site (Campus Saint Germain) the SPPIN has collected consumables and lab material in support of the Necker, Cochin Hospitals on the left bank and Bichat, Lariboisière, Baujon Hospita ...
The CNRS and the University of Toronto selected a joint PhD-and research grant involving SPPIN’s team 1 (Oheim) and the laboratory of Molecular Biophysics at the Department of Biochemistry (Yip) at U Toronto. In the framework of this 3-year research coll ...
Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
The SPPIN laboratory deeply regrets to announce the death of JacSue Kehoe on 25 june 2019, at the age of eighty-three. JacSue spent decades working with the neurons of Aplysia californica, studying the post-synaptic nerve response. Among many other things, ...
Researchers around Adi SALOMON (team1) have succeeded in preparing controlled, thin layers of aligned J-aggregates (blue box) over macroscopic surface areas ‘bottom). These reference fluorescent samples, prepared on thin microscope coverslips are an impo ...
Fresh from the press
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020
- Reconfigurable Temperature Control at the Microscale by Light Shaping
Chang Liu, Gilles Tessier, Sergio Iván Flores Esparza, Marc Guillon, Pascal Berto : ACS Photonics, 2019
- Fast 3-D Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope.
Rakotoson I, Delhomme B, Djian P, Deeg A, Brunstein M, Seebacher C, Uhl R, Ricard C, Oheim M : Front Neuroanat, 2019
- Ultrafast Two-Photon Imaging of a High-Gain Voltage Indicator in Awake Behaving Mice.
Villette V, Chavarha M, Dimov IK, Bradley J, Pradhan L, Mathieu B, Evans SW, Chamberland S, Shi D, Yang R, Kim BB, Ayon A, Jalil A, St-Pierre F, Schnitzer MJ, Bi G, Toth K, Ding J, Dieudonné S, Lin MZ : Cell, 2019
- Focusing large spectral bandwidths through scattering media
A G Vesga, M Hofer, NK Balla, HB De Aguiar, M Guillon, S Brasselet : Opt Express, 2019
- ATP6AP2 variant impairs CNS development and neuronal survival to cause fulminant neurodegeneration.
Hirose T, Cabrera-Socorro A, Chitayat D, Lemonnier T, Féraud O, Cifuentes-Diaz C, Gervasi N, Mombereau C, Ghosh T, Stoica L, Bacha JDA, Yamada H, Lauterbach MA, Guillon M, Kaneko K, Norris JW, Siriwardena K, Blasér S, Teillon J, Mendoza-Londono R, Russeau M, Hadoux J, Ito S, Corvol P, Matheus MG, Holden KR, Takei K, Emiliani V, Bennaceur-Griscelli A, Schwartz CE, Nguyen G, Groszer M : J Clin Invest, 2019
- Topological transformation of speckles by symmetry control and spiral wavefront modulation
Jerome Gateau, Ferdinand Claude, Gilles Tessier, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2019
- A Structural Model of the Inactivation Gate of Voltage Activated Potassium Channels.
Vergara-Jaque A, Palma-Cerda F, Lowet AS, de la Cruz Landrau A, Poblete H, Sukharev A, Comer J, Holmgren M : Biophys J, 2019
- Compressive three-dimensional super-resolution microscopy with speckle-saturated fluorescence excitation
M Pascucci, S Ganesan, A Tripathi, O Katz, V Emiliani, M Guillon : Nat Commun, 2019
- Involvement of thapsigargin- and cyclopiazonic acid-sensitive pumps in the rescue of TMEM165-associated glycosylation defects by Mn.
Houdou M, Lebredonchel E, Garat A, Duvet S, Legrand D, Decool V, Klein A, Ouzzine M, Gasnier B, Potelle S, Foulquier F : FASEB J, 2019
- Calibrating evanescent-wave penetration depths for biological TIRF microscopy
Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Adam Weissman, Maia Brunstein, Ute Becherer : Biophys J, 2019
- Molecular and electrophysiological properties of mouse motoneuron and motor unit subtypes
Manuel M, Zytnicki D : Current Opinion in Physiology, 2019
- Scaling of Motor Output, From Mouse to Humans.
Manuel M, Chardon M, Tysseling V, Heckman CJ : Physiology (Bethesda), 2019