Evanescent-wave scattering is a topic in classical electrodynamics and in the study of colloidal particles near a boundary. However, how such near-surface scattering at sub-cellular refractive-index heterogeneities degrades the excitation confinement ...
© Solène Lebrun & Bruno Gasnier To stay in good health, cells that no longer divide such as neurons renew their components by degrading them and recycling their building blocks in acidic compartments called lysosomes. These “micro-stomachs” ...
Wavefront sensors are simple and robust phase sensors at the basis of adaptive optics in astronomy and bio-imaging. Adaptive optics has been introduced in bio-imaging to compensate smooth aberrations mostly arising from the refractive index mismatch a ...
A simple, inexpensive and multi-scale 3-D fluorescent test sample for optical sectioning microscopies
Pyranine-labeled tissue paper, imaged upon 405-nm epifluorescence excitation through a 455LP LP dichroic and 465LP emission filter. Objective ×20/NA0.25. Overlaid are the normalised absorbance (dashed) and emission spectra (through line), respectively. I ...
Unraveling how neural networks process and represent sensory information and how these cellular signals instruct behavioral output is a main goal in neuroscience. Two-photon activation of optogenetic actuators and calcium (Ca 2+) imaging with gen ...
Artist illustration of chromatic speckle expansion after a scattering sample. (© Clément Molinier) Imaging deep in scattering tissues has been typically achieved by exciting non-linear optical processes thanks to broadband ultrashort laser pulses. Scatte ...
Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
Fresh from the press
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor orthosteric ligands and their binding sites.
Acher FC, Cabayé A, Eshak F, Goupil-Lamy A, Pin JP : Neuropharmacology, 2022
- A nanobody activating metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 discriminates between homo- and heterodimers.
Haubrich J, Font J, Quast RB, Goupil-Lamy A, Scholler P, Nevoltris D, Acher F, Chames P, Rondard P, Prézeau L, Pin JP : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2021
- LSP2-9166, an orthosteric mGlu4 and mGlu7 receptor agonist, reduces cocaine self-administration under a progressive ratio schedule in rats.
De Sa Nogueira D, Bourdy R, Filliol D, Quessada C, McCort-Tranchepain I, Acher F, Zwiller J, Romieu P, Befort K : Neurosci Lett, 2021
- Chromato-axial memory effect in step-index multimode fibers
Devaud L, Guillon M, Gusachenko I, Gigan S : APL Photonics, 2021
- Disrupting D1-NMDA or D2-NMDA receptor heteromerization prevents cocaine’s rewarding effects but preserves natural reward processing.
Andrianarivelo A, Saint-Jour E, Pousinha P, Fernandez SP, Petitbon A, De Smedt-Peyrusse V, Heck N, Ortiz V, Allichon MC, Kappès V, Betuing S, Walle R, Zhu Y, Joséphine C, Bemelmans AP, Turecki G, Mechawar N, Javitch JA, Caboche J, Trifilieff P, Barik J, Vanhoutte P : Sci Adv, 2021
- Cell-type- and region-specific modulation of cocaine seeking by micro-RNA-1 in striatal projection neurons.
Forget B, Garcia EM, Godino A, Rodriguez LD, Kappes V, Poirier P, Andrianarivelo A, Marchan ES, Allichon MC, Marias M, Vanhoutte P, Girault JA, Maldonado R, Caboche J : Mol Psychiatry, 2021
- Npas4 regulates medium spiny neuron physiology and gates cocaine-induced hyperlocomotion.
Lissek T, Andrianarivelo A, Saint-Jour E, Allichon MC, Bauersachs HG, Nassar M, Piette C, Pruunsild P, Tan YW, Forget B, Heck N, Caboche J, Venance L, Vanhoutte P, Bading H : EMBO Rep, 2021
- Calcium-dependent docking of synaptic vesicles.
Silva M, Tran V, Marty A : Trends Neurosci, 2021
- Optometry for a short-sighted microscope.
Julien C, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2021
- Arginine-selective modulation of the lysosomal transporter PQLC2 through a gate-tuning mechanism.
Leray X, Conti R, Li Y, Debacker C, Castelli F, Fenaille F, Zdebik AA, Pusch M, Gasnier B : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2021
- A role for BDNF- and NMDAR-induced lysosomal recruitment of mTORC1 in the regulation of neuronal mTORC1 activity.
Khamsing D, Lebrun S, Fanget I, Larochette N, Tourain C, de Sars V, Brunstein M, Oheim M, Carrel D, Darchen F, Desnos C : Mol Brain, 2021
- Comments on the article by Jensen et al. (2020).
Manuel M, Zytnicki D : J Physiol, 2021
- Plug-and-socket mechanisms in nutrient sensing by lysosomal amino acid transporters.
Gasnier B : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2021
- Free sialic acid storage disorder: Progress and promise.
Huizing M, Hackbarth ME, Adams DR, Wasserstein M, Patterson MC, Walkley SU, Gahl WA, FSASD Consortium : Neurosci Lett, 2021
- Reference-less complex wavefields characterization with a high-resolution wavefront sensor
Wu T, Berto P, Guillon M : Applied Physics Letters, 2021
- Synaptic disruption and CREB-regulated transcription are restored by K channel blockers in ALS.
Catanese A, Rajkumar S, Sommer D, Freisem D, Wirth A, Aly A, Massa-López D, Olivieri A, Torelli F, Ioannidis V, Lipecka J, Guerrera IC, Zytnicki D, Ludolph A, Kabashi E, Mulaw MA, Roselli F, Böckers TM : EMBO Mol Med, 2021
- A simple, inexpensive and multi-scale 3-D fluorescent test sample for optical sectioning microscopies.
Olevsko I, Szederkenyi K, Corridon J, Au A, Delhomme B, Bastien T, Fernandes J, Yip C, Oheim M, Salomon A : Microsc Res Tech, 2021
- Astrocytes respond to a neurotoxic Aβ fragment with state-dependent Ca alteration and multiphasic transmitter release.
Pham C, Hérault K, Oheim M, Maldera S, Vialou V, Cauli B, Li D : Acta Neuropathol Commun, 2021
- Three-dimensional broadband light beam manipulation in forward scattering samples
Payvand Arjmand, Ori Katz, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Opt Express, 2021
- Is there hope that transpinal direct current stimulation corrects motoneuron excitability and provides neuroprotection in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Bączyk M, Krutki P, Zytnicki D : Physiol Rep, 2021
- Enhancing KCC2 activity decreases hyperreflexia and spasticity after chronic spinal cord injury.
Bilchak J, Yeakle K, Caron G, Malloy D, Côté MP : Exp Neurol, 2021