Unraveling how neural networks process and represent sensory information and how these cellular signals instruct behavioral output is a main goal in neuroscience. Two-photon activation of optogenetic actuators and calcium (Ca 2+) imaging with gen ...
Artist illustration of chromatic speckle expansion after a scattering sample. (© Clément Molinier) Imaging deep in scattering tissues has been typically achieved by exciting non-linear optical processes thanks to broadband ultrashort laser pulses. Scatte ...
Read it here : Supercritical angle microscopy and spectroscopy Authors: Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon, Maia Brunstein Abstract: Fluorescence detection, either involving propagating or near-field emission, is widely being used in spectroscopy, sensing and micro ...
Total internal reflection sets up an evanescent wave that – when used for microscopic imaging – renders the microscope short-sighted and enables the selective observation of the near-membrane space. But how deep is deep? In this Biophysical Pe ...
Fast volumetric Imaging of Brain Organoids With a New Single-Objective Planar-Illumination Two-Photon Microscope
Imaging large tissue volumes at high spatio-temporel resolution has been a major challenge for scanning-type 2-photon microscopes. Now, SPPIN researchers around Martin Oheim and from TILL.id (Munich) designed and successfully validated a new microscope sch ...
Fresh from the press
- Astrocytes respond to a neurotoxic Aβ fragment with state-dependent Ca alteration and multiphasic transmitter release.
Pham C, Hérault K, Oheim M, Maldera S, Vialou V, Cauli B, Li D : Acta Neuropathol Commun, 2021
- A simple, inexpensive and multi scale 3D fluorescent test sample for optical sectioning microscopies
Ilya Olevsko Arad, Kaitlin Szederkenyi, Jennifer Corridon, Aaron Au, Brigitte Delhomme, Julien Fernandes, Christopher Yip, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : BioRxiv preprint, 2021
- Time course of alterations in adult spinal motoneuron properties in the SOD1(G93A) mouse model of ALS.
Huh S, Heckman CJ, Manuel M : ENeuro, 2021
- Three-dimensional broadband light beam manipulation in forward scattering samples
Payvand Arjmand, Ori Katz, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Opt Express, 2021
- Is there hope that transpinal direct current stimulation corrects motoneuron excitability and provides neuroprotection in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Bączyk M, Krutki P, Zytnicki D : Physiol Rep, 2021
- Sub-optimal Discontinuous Current-Clamp switching rates lead to deceptive mouse neuronal firing.
Manuel M : ENeuro, 2021
- Enhancing KCC2 activity decreases hyperreflexia and spasticity after chronic spinal cord injury.
Bilchak J, Yeakle K, Caron G, Malloy D, Côté MP : Exp Neurol, 2021
- A Citrus Based Sensory Functional Food Ingredient Induces Antidepressant-like Effects: Possible Involvement of an Interplay between the Olfactory and the Serotonergic Systems.
Coutens B, Rekik K, Harster A, Etienne P, Noirot V, Frances B, Moulédous L, Guiard BP : Neuroscience, 2020
- Color imaging through scattering media based on phase retrieval with triple correlation
Zhu L, Wu Y, Liu J, Wu T, Liu L, Shao X : Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 2020
- Non-invasive single-shot recovery of a point-spread function of a memory effect based scattering imaging system.
Wu T, Dong J, Gigan S : Opt Lett, 2020
- Direct evidence for decreased presynaptic inhibition evoked by PBSt group I muscle afferents after chronic SCI and recovery with step-training in rats.
Caron G, Bilchak JN, Côté MP : J Physiol, 2020
- Transporters in acidic organelles.
Moriyama Y, Gasnier B : Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr, 2020
- Pulse-length effects in 2P-micoscopy. I. Infrared excitation induces brain heating and calcium microdomain hyperactivity in cortical astrocytes.
Schmidt E, Oheim M : Biophys J, 2020
- YIF1B mutations cause a post-natal neurodevelopmental syndrome associated with Golgi and primary cilium alterations.
Diaz J, Gérard X, Emerit MB, Areias J, Geny D, Dégardin J, Simonutti M, Guerquin MJ, Collin T, Viollet C, Billard JM, Métin C, Hubert L, Larti F, Kahrizi K, Jobling R, Agolini E, Shaheen R, Zigler A, Rouiller-Fabre V, Rozet JM, Picaud S, Novelli A, Alameer S, Najmabadi H, Cohn R, Munnich A, Barth M, Lugli L, Alkuraya FS, Blaser S, Gashlan M, Besmond C, Darmon M, Masson J : Brain, 2020
- Cathodoluminescence Nanoscopy of 3D Plasmonic Networks
Racheli Ron, Marcin Stefan Zielinski, Adi Salomon : Nano Lett, 2020
- Amino Acids Bearing Aromatic or Heteroaromatic Substituents as a New Class of Ligands for the Lysosomal Sialic Acid Transporter Sialin.
Dubois L, Pietrancosta N, Cabaye A, Fanget I, Debacker C, Gilormini PA, Dansette PM, Dairou J, Biot C, Froissart R, Goupil-Lamy A, Bertrand HO, Acher FC, McCort-Tranchepain I, Gasnier B, Anne C : J Med Chem, 2020
- Molecular layer interneurons in the cerebellum encode for valence in associative learning.
Ma M, Futia GL, de Souza FMS, Ozbay BN, Llano I, Gibson EA, Restrepo D : Nat Commun, 2020
- Physiological involvement of presynaptic L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in GABA release of cerebellar molecular layer interneurons.
Rey S, Maton G, Satake S, Llano I, Kang S, Surmeier DJ, Silverman RB, Collin T : J Neurochem, 2020
- Synaptic Restoration by cAMP/PKA Drives Activity-Dependent Neuroprotection to Motoneurons in ALS
Bączyk M, Alami NO, Delestrée N, Martinot C, Tang L, Commisso B, Bayer D, Doisne N, Frankel W, Manuel M, Roselli F, Zytnicki D : J Exp Med, 2020
- Synergism of type 1 metabotropic and ionotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar molecular layer interneurons in vivo.
Bao J, Graupner M, Astorga G, Collin T, Jalil A, Indriati DW, Bradley J, Shigemoto R, Llano I : Elife, 2020
- Incomplete vesicular docking limits synaptic strength under high release probability conditions.
Malagon G, Miki T, Tran V, Gomez LC, Marty A : Elife, 2020
- Differentially poised vesicles underlie fast and slow components of release at single synapses.
Blanchard K, Zorrilla de San Martín J, Marty A, Llano I, Trigo FF : J Gen Physiol, 2020
- Influence of spatially segregated IP-producing pathways on spike generation and transmitter release in Purkinje cell axons.
Gomez LC, Kawaguchi SY, Collin T, Jalil A, Gomez MDP, Nasi E, Marty A, Llano I : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2020
- Chromato-axial memory effect through aforward-scattering slab
Longdi Zhu, Jacques Boutet de Monvel, Pascal Berto, Sophie Brasselet, Sylvain Gigan, Marc Guillon : Optica, 2020
- Supercritical angle fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
Oheim M, Salomon A, Brunstein M : Biophys J, 2020
- Fabrication of dipole-aligned thin films of Porphyrin J-aggregates over large surfaces
Adam Weissman, Hodaya Klimovsky, Dor Harel, Racheli Ron, Martin Oheim, Adi Salomon : Langmuir, 2020